The Akios AIRSPEED SURF 435 MKII BLACK EDITION and UTOPIA CX8 Rod & Reel Combo Deal - SAVE! SAVE! SAVE!
Released back in 2017, the original Akios Airspeed was a massive hit with both recreational and match anglers due to its excellent casting performance and exceptional tip.
Akios have now improved upon this modern classic with the introduction of the new Akios AIRSPEED 435 MKII BLACK EDITION.
Sporting an all black livery with silver and gold trim complemented with subtle decals, the BLACK EDITION looks truly sublime!
Constructed from a new grade of nano-carbon material for improved strength, and featuring a spyrowrap butt section for even greater power, the AIRSPEED BLACK EDITION is better than ever before. It offers impressive casting performance with a simple overhead thump whilst the hybrid tip provides the sensitivity to detect the shyest of bites.
The Akios AIRSPEED MKII BLACK EDITION's striking looks will turn the heads of envious anglers right along the beach, but more importantly, the outstanding casting performance will enable baits to be sent out further and cover a wider expanse of ground than ever before.
This rod is a serious piece of kit for serious anglers and is set to become a firm favourite amongst the top match anglers yet again.
- Nano-Carbon Blank Construction for Exceptional Strength and Casting Performance
- Spyrowrap Reinforced Hybrid Power
- Hybrid Tip for Superiror Bite Registration
- Fuji Anti-Tangle Alconite KWAG Guides
- Fuji DPS Screw Lock Reel Seat
- Ergonomic EVA Shaped Casting Rear Grip
- Metal Band Reinforced Spigots for Additional Joint Strength
- Sure-Grip System (SGS) to Aid Rod Dismantling
- 3x Removeable Counterbalance Butt Weights
- Supplied with a Padded Cloth Rod Bag
- Rod Length: 4.35m / 14.5ft
- Butt Diameter: 22.5mm
- Casting Weight: 112-220g
Tough yet astonishingly lightweight at just 580g, the Akios UTOPIA CX8 is a new breed of high performance long distance casting reels from Akios capable of landing specimen sized fish.
Engineered for maximum casting potential, the UTOPIA CX8's slow oscillation delivers truly exceptional line lay across the full length of the angled lip long cast spool resulting in significantly reduced line friction and tangibly greater casting distances. The lightweight design not only offers a more balanced feel on the rod, more importantly it allows for improved hand speed during the cast, improving acceleration through the swing and adding yards to the cast.
Line recovery is swift with 100cm of line retrieved in a single turn of the handle, taking strain out of hauling in end gear after a long cast and bringing fish to shore quickly.
A total of 6 shielded stainless steel bearings and a worm drive gearing mechanism ensure a super smooth operation on the retrieve, whilst the impressively powerful, quick set drag is on stand-by to provide absolute control of hard running fish as and when required.
- Tough Lightweight Carbon Composite Body and Rotor
- Slow Oscillation for Exceptional Line Lay
- 6+1 Stainless Steel Shielded Bearings
- Corrosion Resistant Instant Anti-Reverse Bearing
- Two Anodised Aluminium Spools Included – 1 x Deep Spool, 1 x Shallow Spool
- Ergonomic Torpedo Power Handle
- Interchangeable Handle for Right or Left Hand Wind
- Long Cast Angled Spool Lip for Reduce Friction During Cast
- Quick Set Powerful Drag System for Total Control of Hard Running Fish
- High Strength Stainless Steel Main Shaft
- Large Hollow Bail Arm
- Titanium Coated Line Roller
- Fast 4.6:1 Gear Ratio
- 100cm Line Recovery Per Handle Turn
- Tough Worm-Drive Gearing
- Anti Line Drop System
- Handle Lock
- Supplied with Drawstring Cloth Storage Bag
- Deep Spool: 400yds/0.35mm/15lb mono
- Shallow Spool: 210yds/0.32mm/12lb mono
- Gear Ratio: 4.6:1
- Bearings: 6+1
- Line Recovery: 100cm
- Maximum Drag: 35lb
- Weight: 580g