This is the Akios SHUTTLE 555 SCM, the narrow spooled version of the best selling SHUTTLE 656 SCM.
The little brother of the Akios Shuttle 656, this 5500 size reel comes into its own when fishing lighter lines or when paired up with lighter rods.
Featuring a free floating spool system with two integrated ABEC 5 stainless steel bearings, the Akios SHUTTLE 555 SCM can add yards to your cast! The advanced dual braking system, comprising of both centrifugal and magnetic brakes, enables the Akios SHUTTLE 555 SCM to be easily configured for overrun-free casting by the novice, or fully primed for the accomplished caster seeking to send a lead beyond the horizon.
The low profile solid aluminium frame rides a whole 5mm lower on the rod, enabling a far more secure thumbhold to prevent spool slippage when power casting.
Not only do they look good, with anti-corrosion chromed brass side plates, solid aluminium cage, precision cut hardened brass gears, and stainless steel power handle, Akios SHUTTLE's are built to last!
- NEW One Piece Low Profile Solid Aluminium Cage
- NEW Longer Knobby for In-Cast Mag Control
- NEW Larger Spindle to Prevent Spool Distortion
- NEW Anodised Aluminium Double Sports Handle
- NEW Anodised Aluminium Mini Star Drag Wheel
- NEW Larger Body Screws for Easier Access
- NEW & IMPROVED Corrosion Resistant Instant Anti Reverse Bearing
- 2 x ABEC 5 Stainless Steel Bearings
- Free Floating Spool for Increased Casting Distances
- Anti-Corrosion Chromed Brass Side Plates
- Carbon Multi Disc Drag for Optimal Drag Performance
- Tough Precision Machined Brass Gears
- High Torque Winding Power
- Line Out Alarm (Ratchet)
- Centrifugal and Magnetic Brake System for Ultimate Casting Control
Supplied with the following FREE accessories worth £24.99
- FREE Spare Stainless Steel Power Handle
- FREE Spare Large Stainless Steel Star Drag Wheel
- FREE Neoprene Reel Case
- Capacity: 240yds/15lb
- Gear Ratio: 5.3:1
- Bearings: 2+1
- Line Recovery: 23”
- Maximum Drag: 17.5lb
- Weight: 410g
ALSO AVAILABLE AS A LEFT HANDED MODEL