This is the Akios SHUTTLE 555 LSi synchronised levelwind model, and so if you're looking for an automatic line lay multiplier then this is the one to go for.
The little brother of the Akios SHUTTLE 656, this 5500 size reel comes into its own when fishing lighter lines or when paired up with lighter rods.
Featuring a free floating spool system with two integrated ABEC 5 stainless steel bearings, the Akios SHUTTLE 555 LSi can add yards to your cast! The advanced dual braking system, comprising of both centrifugal and magnetic brakes, enables the Akios SHUTTLE 555 LSi to be easily configured for overrun-free casting by the novice, or set fully primed for the competent caster.
The low profile solid aluminium frame rides a whole 5mm lower on the rod, enabling a more secure thumbhold to prevent spool slippage during the cast.
Not only do they look good, with anti-corrosion chromed brass side plates, solid aluminium cage, precision cut hardened brass gears, and stainless steel power handle, Akios SHUTTLE's are built to last!
- NEW One Piece Low Profile Solid Aluminium Cage
- NEW Longer Knobby for In-Cast Mag Control
- NEW Larger Spindle to Prevent Spool Distortion
- NEW Anodised Aluminium Double Sports Handle
- NEW Anodised Aluminium Mini Star Drag Wheel
- NEW Larger Body Screws for Easier Access
- NEW & IMPROVED Corrosion Resistant Instant Anti Reverse Bearing
- 2 x ABEC 5 Stainless Steel Bearings
- Free Floating Spool for Increased Casting Distances
- Anti-Corrosion Chromed Brass Side Plates
- Carbon Multi Disc Drag for Optimal Drag Performance
- Tough Precision Machined Brass Gears
- High Torque Winding Power
- Line Out Alarm (Ratchet)
- Centrifugal and Magnetic Brake System for Ultimate Casting Control
- Synchronised Levelwind for Automatic Line Lay
Supplied with the following FREE accessories worth £24.99
- FREE Spare Stainless Steel Power Handle
- FREE Spare Large Stainless Steel Star Drag Wheel
- FREE Neoprene Reel Case
- Capacity: 240yds/15lb
- Gear Ratio: 5.3:1
- Bearings: 2+1
- Line Recovery: 23”
- Maximum Drag: 17.5lb
- Weight: 410g
ALSO AVAILABLE AS A LEFT HANDED MODEL